Friday, August 8, 2008

Bringing Belly Dance to Foothill Ranch

Some of you might already know that I'm trying to put together a regular showcase in Foothill Ranch to bring belly dancing to this part of Orange County (specifically my neighborhood because, well, I don't like to drive and spend as little time on freeways as I can). However, this in no way is intended to compete with other showcases that are out there. I thought there might be others, like myself, who simply don't get to the other showcases because they are so far from home. My hope is that this event would complement, not compete, with other events.


That said, the initial feedback I'm getting is really amazing. Many dancers have already responded to say they would be happy to attend, dance and generally support an event in this area. You all know who you are, and you have my deepest gratitude and appreciation! I'm going to meet with the coffeehouse manager again soon to talk about logistics, and I'm thrilled that I can tell her there is so much enthusiasm. I'll let you know more when I know more. In the meantime, please feel free to add your suggestions and comments here, or e-mail me privately at scribblinggypsy@gmail.com.

No comments: