Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A visit to Global Rhythms Dance Studio in MV

I was thrilled when I saw Rania had opened a second Global Rhythms Dance Studio in Mission Viejo, and on Sunday I finally had the opportunity to drop in on one of her belly dance classes. It's in a strip mall, and from the outside you can't see much more than the door and a modest sign. But inside is a charming dance space that offered plenty of room for the six of us who turned out for the 2 p.m. class. In the hourlong session, Rania led us through a warm-up sequence and drilled two combinations that we then cobbled together into a mini-choreography set to Solace's "Crimson." What a workout!

I was so glad to have the opportunity to learn from this former Bellydance Superstar who I've admired for so long. And you can bet I'll be going back. If you haven't had the opportunity to check out one of her classes for yourself, stop in at either the Global Rhythms in Mission Viejo or Huntington Beach. You find out more here.

No comments: