Tuesday, April 28, 2009

An anniversary...

I was just looking back at some earlier posts and noticed that it's been a whole year since Scribbling Gypsy debuted. Boy, how time flies! When I started this blog, I was hoping to create a place where Orange County dancers could find news and updates on local people and events. So I've been stunned by how many readers extend far beyond our Southern California borders.

Since my first post on April 23, 2008, the blog has been visited by readers in 98 countries and every state in the nation. The most viewed story is my posting about an interview Dina did with The National newspaper in the UAE, where she expresses her concerns about the future of belly dancing. The second most viewed story? My interview with Miss Montana Jennifer Hepner, who was one of the two Miss America contestants this year who performed belly dance routines as their talent. When news broke in late March that Miss Montana had been arrested on suspicion of DUI a couple of weeks before the pageant, the clicks to that interview skyrocketed. (She has since pleaded not guilty and filed a petition arguing that the traffic stop and arrest were illegal, and that the arresting officer did not follow proper procedure.)

It's been a fun year, and I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing information about so many of the wonderful people and events that make up our local belly dance community, and also the news and issues that affect us from all over the world. And if there's something you'd like to see or hear more about, please drop me a note at scribblinggypsy@gmail.com. I'm always open to suggestions.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Shauna Roberts said...

Congrats on your one-year anniversary! I just had my two-year anniversary blogging, but forgot all about it until I saw this post.

DeAnna Cameron said...

Thanks, Shauna --
and congrats on two years :-)
~DeAnna