Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another loss to our O.C. belly dance community...

I might be late to the party on this one, but I just learned that the BellyDancingDiva.com site is up for sale. Since its inception, the site has been a nice outlet for local teachers and dancers to get the word out about their classes and upcoming performances, as well as a place to read about belly dance-related topics like makeup and costuming.

I admit I was a little disappointed when the site started to reach beyond our region to include dancers and teachers from elsewhere in the country. But that was just selfishness on my part. I liked having this site dedicated to our own dance community. Maybe that was unrealistic...

Still, there's a chance someone could step in, buy the site and keep it going. The site says domain ownership isn't set to expire until July.

We'll just have to wait and see...

2 comments:

Orchid said...

Hey! Nice to meet you.Visit my blog
http://nice-dance.co.cc/

DeAnna Cameron said...

Nice to meet you, too, Orchid. Thanks for stopping by :-)