Monday, January 12, 2009

My profile of Donna Carlton is featured in the latest issue of Belly Dance magazine

The Winter 2008 issue of Belly Dance magazine is out, and I'm thrilled with the way those talented folks put together my profile on Donna Carlton, dancer, teacher and author of LOOKING FOR LITTLE EGYPT.

You can find the article starting on Page 56, nestled between a tribute to Leona Wood (who graces the issue's cover), penned by Aisha Ali ,and Marta Schill's review of last year's Raqs L.A. event, with lots of great photos.

I had such a great time interviewing Donna for this article and I really felt privileged to be able to share her story with others. She is not only devoted to the art and practice of belly dance as a teacher and performer, but her research into the early days of belly dance and especially the legendary Little Egypt has made her one of its most knowledgeable historians.

If you don't know where to get your own copy, visit the magazine on the Web at http://www.bellydancemag.com/.

2 comments:

Shauna Roberts said...

Congratulations on your publication! That sounds like a fun interview to have done. I hope they were pleased and use you for more profiles.

DeAnna Cameron said...

Thanks, Shauna-
It was my privilege to be able to the story. Donna is one of my personal heros.